Wednesday, April 24, 2024

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, to pause before the fast start and it worked SO WELL. Gave me just enough time to really lock in

Didn't worry about elbows up, just pushing up strongly into the bar and holding pressure throughout. the only reps that stalled a bit is when I lost arm tension as I pressed.

Also  tried to press bar back as I started. That worked,

These were the fastest reps, by far, that I have done in ages.Maybe EVER!!

The first eight sets were SO fast I took 205 and it went great. Then hey, why not, I put two plates on the bar and gave it a great ride.Seriously thought I was going to finish it but I lost a little speed and my hips slid too far forward.

But for a second heavy day? I'll take it










Mondays plan is three sets at 195 then go to 205 then straight to 225!

176.4 at 12:30 lol!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...