Saturday, May 14, 2022

40 kg One Arm swings 20 x 5/5, 40 kg belt squats, pullaparts

 

This went well although  I'm always nervous when things are going well and I feel like I can really keep the power turned up( as is the goal). Scared something is going to pull or tweak. Of course this makes my hyperfocused.

Nothing was tweaked. And nothing fell off

And power was really solid across all sets, as this last set  shows. It was easily  as strong with the same bell height as the 5th

Can't ask for more

40 kg one arm swings

16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 5/5 x 20
17,600 lbs
200 reps

40 kg  belt squats

these were 'ok' definitely not as deep as I was hoping and I have to be careful here as I feel the left VMO/Sartorius get a little twitchy at the very bottom
Just occured to me I no longer do my  supported squat stretches on my ruck and wonder if that's what's going on
this was 40 kg a  few years ago

Looking at it now I think the difference is I was sitting back more before. Lately I think I am just flexing at the knee and trying to descend more vertically. I'll have to play with more squats on Ruck day and sitting back more as well
3 x 10 with 40 kg today

Pullapart
3 x 40 ( added behind the neck pull in too, felt good)

BW 173.8
BF 12.5 ( bath)
W 58.4

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...