Wednesday, November 11, 2020

175/185 lb press technique work and a breakthrough

 

It took me a few sets to "get it" but when I did it was sweet. 
 What I got was that I've been putting the bar too high on my chest( right under my clavicle) thinking that was preferable and when I lowered it about an inch it let  me lay back into my wedge that I needed so much easier

Plus, setting up into the bow was so much easier too. Balance was much improved, which makes total sense. It also let me 'meld' into the bar as I unracked it, something that's been hit or miss

I held the setup up longer to get tight, then did the Kono layback. With the bar high it was very delicate balance if I did too much bow as I was already losing balance and trying to layback again as I pressed was an issue

Just like in my power bench where I only had leverage if I put the bar on my top ab it seems lower here is better 
I've tried this before and it didn't work but for a different reason: I wasn't using the bow/kono layback at the time. I think they all work hand in glove
Can't WAIT to try this again!

Press
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 2 x 4
185 x 2 x 6

24 kg speed swings 

5 x 8/8

wt pushups
 bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3

BW 177.4
BF 14.1

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2