Sunday, November 01, 2020

Strong and Easy fast ruck



 This was a great one! Back to standard time and an extra hour of sleep. Plus it was truly cool this morning and I can push so much harder when it's not hot. I used to be better at heat work but I can really tell it's changed over the past 5+ years. I can still push through it, but getting in the zone is way harder and happens way less often

But today I WAS in the zone and I just had that magic time when the legs felt loose and strong, lungs were open and my mind was calm. Hardly stopped for even squat stretches and the legs felt good and I rarely get these days where I feel like I don't have to rest. Wow, it's been forever but man is it sweet

Felt like I could keep the pace easy

It did catch up with me though, on the 10th lap of course, but my legs felt good and energy ok, just my feet started to ache a bit. Paranoid about fucking up my feet so I backed off but wow did it feel good to feel good

Legs and glutes were stiff and sore this AM so I didn't expect much at all from today. Glad I was wrong

50 lb ruck
12 laps
4 squat stretches
12,750 steps
5.8 miles
Speed 3.1-4.7 mph ( 4.7 mph is 12.47 min/mile!) was top speed for sure on the phone, wish I knew how long I held it
Last lap 7:30 = 15 min mile 
0 asymmetry!


BW 176.4
BF 15.3

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...