Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Band Presses, speed swings, wt pushups



Solid workout. All systems go but it is amazing how long it takes to adjust to the sudden serious downward force that the bands but on the bar when I hit the mid range of my press, the sticking point. 
If I don't really accelerate and stay totally locked in, the band wins. Fast. and they did a few times but I got it figured out
the setup and takeoff was very good, everything felt locked in.
Turns out the I had the bands base about a half to 3/4 inch off and thats what was making the left side feel so much heavier. It looked perfectly even but the tape measure said differently. 
Glad I figured that out but one of the things I really hate about band training. So many small variables that have to be right or things are really off

Also switched the bands to inside the collar on the bar instead  of outside the collar on the sleeve. Didnt seem to effect the band weight perception much but I ain't weighing it again\

Press
 65 x 3
85 x 3
65 + bands  x 2
85 + bands x 2
105 + bands x 2 x 3
115 + bands x 2 x 6

24 kg speed swings
5 sets of 8/8

strong and square

wt pushups
bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3
deep and strong

BW 176.6
BF 14.0

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...