Thursday, August 20, 2020

Great ruck: fast


 Amazing what a difference a day can make. and a drop of 20 degress F and 30 percent humidity! The wind cleared the smoke out of the air so breathing was fine, the temps dropped decidedly after a cooler than usual night, and the wind was steady but not crazy

Stretched out my calves ahead of time this time  and they didn't make a sound the whole ruck! Wore my coyote goruck boots and they felt fine

The right big toe nail has been getting bruised in the Salomons and I'm not sure if it's my gait mechanics or the foot but I didn't have any  problem today with the nice wide toe box of the GoRucks. Hope they work, I really love the look of that boot

I worked on having a softer knee on each stride, catching the weight on the quad more than  a locked knee today and it worked. I was worried about my left calf tightening up so made the adjustment and it worked well

So well in fact I got 1.5 miles in 30 min! four MPH  pace, 15 min miles

Finished 3.1 miles in 53 min and it was strong

about 86 degrees and 26% humidity

50 lb ruck
6 laps
7050 steps
3.1 miles
53 min

BW 175.4
BF 14.1

No comments:

195 x 1 x 3, 205 x 1, 220 x 3/4, 215 x 1, 205 x 1 x 5, wt pushups sides and rears

 I think I might need to make wednesday the heavy day. I felt "Ok" today but kind of flat. Again. In fact, I can't remember wh...