Monday, August 03, 2020

225 lb press x 1 ( kinda ) floor pushups, laterals



What a wild day. Start off just being sluggish even though  I had plenty of good sleep and no worries. Just a hard start into the work week. Then both training partners had to cancel and I was solo
No worries but it took a few moment to wrap my head around it. No reason not to go forward with the plan. 
One of the best things about my press is that I don't need a spot and the bar's safe to drop on misses

So, full speed ahead
Warmups felt good
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 ( decent speed too)
205 x 1 was ok but not gret
215 x 1 was ALL OVER THE PLACE  but it got finished, then I decided to stay with the plan and just put 5s on and not two plates and flat out missed it! Lost it in front so that meant I didn't lay back enough at the press signal ( glenn's voice in my head, lol)

Took a decent rest and tried it again and surprisingly made it! Almost
225 x 1 PR 7/8 locked!

 Just as I was locking out I started to lose my balance and I let it go BUT I had it and it was easily the best attempt with that weight yet!

then 5 singles and one miss at 205 and the last rep was the fastest and strongest!
Very happy with this day




then floor pushups. Pretty beat up by now and made 61 on the first set but didn't know if I had another set of that much. Told myself if I made just one more set of 61 I could skip the third and I barely ground it out

one db laterals 3 x 10/10 with 20s
two db rear delts 3 x 10 with 20s

BW 176.2
BF 14.1    


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...