Monday, December 21, 2015

Leg Ruck

Forgot to post this last night but we did it on Sunday on time.

Legs were talking to me from the get go! No problems just tired from the work last week. All good though

Ruck
50 lbs
12 laps
1:55 min ( took a long way home finished laps in 1:50!)
6 iso squats ( one extra to stretch legs! )
 Nice and brisk 40 degrees out. Perfect!

BW 165.2
BF 12.5
W 56.8

Still under 30 gms of carbs per day. Feel great on many levels, VERY anabolic, lean, hard strong and endurance is good. Just wondering why weight is still up? I am eating a lot but not more than usual in terms of volume.Must be the calorically dense fats
BUT I am leaner even in the mirror and around the waist


8 comments:

Hunter1313 said...

Care to explain the diet Mark? I've been out of the loop for a bit. Thank you Mark.

Mark Reifkind said...

Ketogenic Diet

70% fat, 20 % protein 5-10% carbs

pretty straight forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDc5TxOcvA

Hunter1313 said...

What do you mean by calorically dense fasts?

Mark Reifkind said...

where did you see that? I'm not sure what that means? perhaps a miswrite?

Hunter1313 said...

It was in the bottom paragraph. Maybe you meant fats. Spell check sometimes does its job too well lol. Are you still fasting during the day? I do apologize for all the questions, but you are an inspiration to many of us.

Mark Reifkind said...

yes I see it now and yes it was fats. I subbed out the same AMOUNT of food in the form of carbs for more calorie dense fats ( 9 cal/gm vs 4 )
and please ask away. hardly anybody comes by here or comments anymore :)

Hunter1313 said...

Well as long as you don't mind me picking your brain. Have you omitted dairy like they were saying to in the video? Do you still fast during the day or is it more under eating?

Mark Reifkind said...

I still fast from 7 pm until 9 am when I have some almonds. My first meal is between 1 and 3 pm depending if I train that day or not.
I have plenty of dairy cream, cheeses and butter and no sugar ice cream or pudding my wife makes with xylitol. No more yoghurt as that is higher in carbs than I want. I shoot for about 30 gms of carbs per day but always slow non starchy/sugar carbs.
I still drink 2.5 glasses of dry red wine a night too.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...