Wednesday, December 09, 2015

24 kg Speed Swing-20 min, walking lunges, parallel bar pushups, rear delts



This was good. Hard but strong the whole way through. And my mind did not get the best of me.Well not until about halfway through but then I got it back  under control
Good drive home mental prep. no phone calls no radio. Just focus on the task ahead and calming down for it.
Body is good and got some decent bodymaintence stretch and roll before work this am. plus lots of squats and hunter squats throughout the day as well as my seiza work

Speed swings
24 kg
15;15 x 10 rep sets
40 sets
20 minutes
 400 reps
21,200 lbs!! love this number

Didn't even look up at the clock til almost 10 minutes in. Should have waited longer.Kept telling myself 'don't think, breathe'.
It worked well except for a few minutes between 11 and 14 min in when I started trying to figure out how much work I had less. I let that go pretty quickly and got back into my rhythm: one rep at a time one breath at a time. do your best. set it down, click off the set on the counter, chalk the hand for the next set, deep breath and calm, step to the bell, look for the 7 count then 3,2,1 grab and go

that worked very very well> Lower back got tired at 13 minute but I adjusted my groove a little and that loosened up. Did almost no double breathing and that says a lot.

this is just another day now. perfect
power and speed were good too and technique held up. kept my head up and gaze up almost all the reps too. just happened and I went with it.

walking lunges
4 sets of 40 steps. hard but strong too. these just suck but I love em

parallel pushups
4 sets of 20

solid and upper body is really growing well

db rear delts
3 sets of 12 -15 with 15 lbs
can't believe I used to do 20 sets of rear delt work ,lol  crazy days

ok ruck up tomorrow then off to New Hampshire and Seacoast Kettlebells for my BodyMaintenance workshop. We have 25 people!! this is very exciting.

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...