Saturday, January 16, 2010

Swing volume

Well I had planned on doing swing Vo2 workout today, to try and keep in sync with Tracy and Meg doing their max vo2 snatch workout. BUT, Tracy decided to give herself and easy day and snatched for a FORTY MINUTES STRAIGHT, instead. yeah, 800 reps in 40 minutes. Right after she had taught a 30 minute swing class and then went into her intermediate snatch swing class. Craziness.
Well I wasn't going to swing for 40 minutes straight but I didnt feel the need to go for 15 second intervals either so I decided to do some weight ladders and get some volume and a bit of loading in at the same time.

My back was not terrible but it wasnt perfect either and I stretched out for a full 40 minutes before I picked up the bell. Releasing the adductors , the TFL and the Rectus femoris definitely helped loosen up the lumbars immediately so I take note of that.Especially the discrepancy between the right and the left inner thigh, with the left being MUCH tighter. Wide straddle stretches and some side split work got those open fast.

I just have to accept it, I HAVE to keep tension out of my legs as much as possible or bad things happen. Since I'm not going to stop training them that means as much stretching as necessary to get suppleness in the legs before and after loading. The deep hip rotators were very tight this morning, for no damn good reason, and releasing them too eased my back tension. So much freakin fun I can't stand it.

Wore my olympic boots and was amazed at how tight things were at the start and how much better they felt 15 minutes into the workout. 30 minutes later things felt normal and loose and strong. Man, that's way too much time but what else you gonna do? At least it felt better after.

One arm swing

weight ladders
16kg x5/5/5/5
20 kgx5/5/5/5
24 kg x 5/5/5/5

each ladder 7 times
420 total reps.

I did each weight, rested 30 seconds or so and then went up to the next. after the 24 kg set O dropped back down to the 16 and started over . 30 minutes of swings. It's a start.

Two hand arm casts
20 lb club x 10/10 (switched grip after 10) x 3 sets
25 lb club x8/8 x 3 sets

two hand shield cast
20 lb club x 10/10 x 3 sets

these were great and really got my upper body some much needed work. I miss snatching already :((

Rack/Farmers walks
16kg x 1200 feet in 200 foot intervals

After I drove home from Girya I got the 16 kg out and dip 200 feet of right arm rack walk,rested 30 seconds then 200 feet of left hand farmers walk. I repeated 6 times.I have A LOT of standing and walking coming up and this worked well two years ago when I was doing 2000 continuous feet of rack walking 2 times a week.The different hand/rack postinions are to accomodate what I think will help my back asymmetry. we'll see.

More stretching out and foam roller. 20 minutes. Things feel good now.

datsit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...