Wednesday, February 07, 2024

195 x 1 x 12, 16 kg snatch 3 x 5/5 ,floor pushups 35 x 2

 Back on track. Looked back over my best presses(again!) and came up with this one, just three months ago. Titled " my best press day ever" there had to be something there and there was

First I ever jumped 205 to 225 and crushed it.on first attempt no less

https://rifsblog.blogspot.com/2023/10/225-x-1-16th-best-press-day-ever.html

The basics of load the bow

Set the arch

Layback and spot the X

Layback again and press to X

It worked great but I stopped doing it so what went wrong?

Today I found out. I dropped my elbows! that pushed the bar out front. I have to

Set the arch, lift the elbows

Layback and KEEP THE ELBOWS UP

Layback again and press to   X

Also , I have to really lay back and get super tight to be able to lay back again  (pull the trigger).It's way further than I THINK

The feel however is not. it's about getting SUPER TIGHT IN ARCH WITH THE ELBOWS UP

Good day today





 Not bad for a first day back at this technique and not realizing how critical the elbows were til the fifth set or so
then Kb snatches. thought they might be good to open up my shoulders more, work the upper back and shoulder strength unilaterally
they  felt great but we'll see tomorrow
LOTS of crunching going on in the shoulders especially right

174.8

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...