Monday, January 18, 2021

205-217.5 presses, floor pushups, one arm laterals

 Was not great but was not horrible,either. The technique worked well but still needs refinement at these 90% + weights. 
As usual as I focused on one thing I forgot another but the good thing that even though the reps were mostly ugly, I made them and was under the bar enough to grind. Three weeks ago they would have been outright misses.

The idea was to load the bow and not move the bar back or forward or up or down after I unracked it. I accomplished that but not sure it gives me optimal start speed. BUT the hip forward position IS correct and driving to the face is also correct.

But I think I need to re drive through the hips after I strart pressing; today I left the hips static and not sure that's best

I also forgot to drive to the five in the 210 and the first 205. I also missed two reps behind me. Re thinking the Reeboks too. I might get a better bow but not sure it's stable enough for the grind.

205 warmup

Definitely did not push back to my face enough
Better but still not enough towards face and no second hip drive
Decent drive in all aspects, starting hip position, drive back to face but this is where the extra heel height I think lent to instability in my back but I was under the bar well enough to finish it
217 lb press attempt


another solid attempt but my low back gave a bit here too. will go back to the Inov8s wednesday

this was probably the best rep of the day. the fourth I think. I missed two out of five  pushing back too much now that I remember
definitely going back to lower heel

Floor pushups
2 sets of 60
 just beat up

shoulders were sore coming in. the swings took a lot out of me an I'll be going back to lower heel here too. the ruck pushed me a bit and the insanity of the world has me hypervigilant and angry so definitely not recovered as well as I should be

one arm laterals
3 x 10/10 20s
bent laterals
3 x 8 20s

just tired

BW 176.8
BF 14.1



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...