Wednesday, January 20, 2021

175/185 lb press 10 x 2, 24 kg speed swings, wt pushups

 Really, really, really great day. Everything clicked and all the pieces fit together. Even, and maybe especially the timing. have to say these are the best presses I've done because the technique was correct and I realized how to do it.

I was 3/4 there on Monday but didn't implement the second hip drive that I needed after setting the bow. This is why it felt like I was really starting with zero reflex or rebound.

Just like I couldn't deadlift for beans without some kind of pre start movement I need some way to create a stretch reflex or it's too much work at the start which leaves little for the lockout

So after I set the bow and start to drive to the face I have to, AT THE SAME TIME, drive my hips forward again and that's the impetus for the start. I also have to make sure I keep my eyes on the X.

If I lose that ( and it seems to be easy to) the bar ends up forward

But today it all felt good and fast

175 x 2  x 5 sets


185 x 2 x 5 sets


the 24 kg speed swings 

5 x 8/8

wt pushups ( slight V on parallettes)
53 lb x 3 x 10

BW 177.8 !
BF 14.3


feel good at this weight actually. Also ditched the Reebok shoe, Heel is just too high and it jacked up my right TFL and Rec fem abit after mondays workouts

all good NEW Inov8 fastlift 360s will be here Friday!




No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2