Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Frame on the Press Puzzle.



This last technique, this last piece of the puzzle, the frame that holds it all  together, came to me after Mondays session and today's workout bore it out.

After I start the press by pressing to my face and then driving my hips forward I have to KEEP DRIVING THE HIPS FORWARD  as I finish pressing to lockout.

This keeps my hips under the bar the entire rest of the time as well as providing much needed momentum to keep the bar moving as well. It's like I am really getting my lower body into it the entire press, not just helping to get it started and then holding static.

I think that's it. I don't think I don't know what to do in any other part of the press now

It worked so well today. The only hard part was remembering to keep my eye on the X on the SECOND rep after I started the press. I had two reps that went just slightly forward and that's what happened. But only on my second reps


Couldn't be happier with this  or feel more confident. Now hopefully the search for the correct technique is over and I can concentrate on making it automatic and perfect every time

THE CUES

LOAD THE BOW

PRESS TO FACE

KEEP THE HIP DRIVING

175 x 2  x5 sets

185 x 2 x 5 sets

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8

wt v pbar pushup

bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3

BW 178.2
BF 14.1

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2