Monday, January 11, 2021

205-215 press, floor pushups, one arm laterals

  This went way better than expected. DOMS  hit hard this morning and  my hamstrings calves and glutes and shoulders were all feeling the work of the last two days. Combine that with all the anxiety of this bullshit that's going on in the world and pressing heavy was hard to get my head wrapped around

But taking my own medicine I didn't think about it at all and just got under the bar and did my best.
It went very well especially considering how sore my shoulders were




Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 fast!
205 x 1 not good
205 x 1 found the groove ( video above is of this set)
210 x 1 x 2 set 
215 x 1 x 2 sets
205 x 1 x 2 very solid

the key is really loading the bow until full hip tension and then driving into the bar. The sets that didn't go well I rushed 
But even the bad sets were decent. 
The technique and cues are proving themselves, especially considering this is only my second heavy day using the current method.

floor pushups
61
61
55

much better than expected.Groove felt great and I could have hit 60 on the last but didn't want to drain any more adrenaline than I have been

One arm laterals
3 x 10/10 with 20
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20

BW 176.6
BF 14.1

6 comments:

Chris said...

That’s a lot of push-ups.

I’m back to blogs now trying to avoid Facebook. Although google host this blog....

Steve C said...

Outstanding work volume again. Really smoked the shoulder girdle.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, it's particularly hard when I'm not under the bar correctly. on the days when the techniques better I hardly feel the shoulders at all

Mark Reifkind said...

they're basically half reps, just to where upper arm is parallel to ground, focus is on triceps and not overstressing the shoulder capsule. it's a triceps assistance move

Rob O'Brien said...

Strong work!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Rob! things are really coming to together for me in this lift. finally understanding all the pieces I need to be consistent with the groove no matter the weight

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...