Sunday, September 06, 2020

Ruck experiments

 


The old Rush 72 is really showing some wear and tear and it's time for a new ruck. I've been eyeing the Mystery Ranch system ruck for  awhile now since I learned about their shoulder harness adjustable system, REI put it on sale and I  bit, or bought. Literally

It's definitely smaller, 32 liters compared to the 55 the Rush has but I think most of that extra size is in the  numerous small compartment bags sections that I never use. I think the main carry section is pretty close in size 22 cu vs 20 so it should carry my 30 and 10 lb sand pills that make up the bulk of the ruck

But it only weighs 3 lbs so I'll make up the difference with more sand or rice bags or pea gravel, haven't made up my mind. I'll see when it gets here. Thought about just chucking the 20 lb of kitty litter I've been carrying around and just getting a 30 lb bag of pea gravel. We'll see

I tried to use the voodoo tactical bag I have here but it just wasn't a fit and I knew it right away. Just did  3 laps and came home and switched out bags it was so obvious

Rest of ruck was with 45 lbs



45 lbs ruck
2 hours
12 laps
6 miles
7 squat stretches

BW 175.4
BF 15 %
got to hydrate it's going to be a sauna here for the next few days

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...