Wednesday, September 09, 2020

175 and 185 lb speed press, 24 kg speed swings, wt pushups

 This went really well despite finding out that an old friend of mine passed this morning right before we started. See you on the other side Ron McKee, your memory will be a blessing.
I had Ron in my  mind as I trained this afternoon, wanting to do well to honor his memory, his strength, enthusiasm and passion for all things strength and power and friendship.

And it went well. The idea was elbows on lats, get the head out of the way. It worked well til I got to 175 and forgot to lay back first and tried to tricep press it. it fell forward and I thought I might have tweaked my elbow but it seems to be alright, I 'll know for sure tomorrow
But once I realized the 'head out of the way ' cue only works after I push into the bow things went much better

Press

65 85 105 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 2 x 4

185 x 2 x 4


I can really see how it helps to , after unracking, press my hips and legs into tightness as I lay back and then get the head of the way
Cues:

Elbows IN
Load the bow ( as in hips move forward and body moves back as a bowstring)
Get the head out of the way
Press

If I do this technique with 220 and 225 they're a done deal

24 kg speed swings
5 x 8/8
fast! wore the reeboks here too

wt pushups
bw x 10
53 lbs x 3 x 10
much slower and deeper and it was way hard enough

BW 176.7
BF 13.7
W 57.7

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...