Saturday, October 19, 2019

200 lb press x 1 x 5 sets, 20 kg snatch ladder 8-15, laterals



 This was a good day. Had  a scare yesterday thinking I might have a detached retina but all is well. But it wasn't the best prep day for a heavy press but that's usually how it goes it seems.
Just very happy my eye is ok

Press
65, 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1 ( all reps very solid groove)
190 x 1
200 x 1 x 5 sets ( video was set 2)
Not perfect hip tightness but very solid and reps were fairly fast and in the right line

Oh yea got some new very cool wrist wraps coming. I saw some female Oly lifters wearing these at the Worlds and tracked them down. Can't wait to get them
https://www.onyxstraps.com/collections/wrist-wraps/products/the-oxblood-wrist-wrap

Snatches
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 8/8
          x 10/10
          x 15/15
          x 12/12
          =90 reps

triple GS anatomical breathing made these easy. But I put my black adidas oly shoes on for the last set. Zero heel isn't good and I could feel my back a bit. The adidas is a .5" heel so minimal but my back liked it

this definitely is a much more upper body dominant move than the swing. So glad to see my overhead position is back to pre TKR levels

Laterals
3x8/8 with 20lbs

BW 171
BF 12 ( post bath)
W 58.4

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...