Saturday, October 12, 2019

195 lb press 6 x 1,20 kg snatch 8-12 rep ladder,laterals



This went well and was hard and I learned an important thing.
 First off the weight felt light/good. The videoed set was the best one, number three. Sets one and two went forward a bit, I saved them but I needed to know why they went forward
I thing Glenn and Nick figured it out. When I hit a sticking point I counter it by driving my hips forward ( thinking that was what was need to get back under the bar) but it isn't. It stalls the upward progress of the bar while my hips shift.

This heel height has changed everything, i.e the platform- ME- under the weight and I have years of a specific habit/motor pattern of shifting forward trying not to lose my arch, and my leverage.

With this heel I just need to stay put and concentrate on the slow grind with the shoulders and arms; I'm already BACK
Took me the whole time to get it but I think I do now

Press
65, 85 ,105 x 3
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 x 6 sets
175 x 1 x 2 sets ( just to solidify the form)

Snatch


this went great. used anatomical breathing for the first time ever and it was no problem for my bakc and does really help keep the HR down. Mo' ventilation makes high reps much easier; not to mention not building up so much pressure and tension

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
          x 8/8
          x 10/10 x 2
          x 12/12
90 reps
RPE 7

My overhead position is easily as good as it's ever been
Very happy with this and that the double breathing worked so easily

Laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 172
BF 12.2 post bath

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...