Sunday, July 29, 2018

Steady and fast ruck

Another really excellent ruck! I'm definitely on a roll and at a new place in my gait mechanics but especially conditioning. Feel like I've really turned a corner; I almost feel like a runner again! That sounds strange but it's true.

Not sure if it's as much about not doing the iso squats each lap and finally letting myself develop a rhythm or just getting into better shape finally ( as well as the new shoes) but it's real.

I also think dropping weight and just using 45 lbs has helped too. Just as in a military press, five pounds in the ruck seems a huge increase over 45. 45 seems light and 50 feels heavy. So weird but it's consistent.

Finished 10+ minutes ahead again and I got to 8 laps and barely even felt it. Cool am helped too

45 lb ruck
12 laps
1:50 min
No timed laps
RPE = 6

BW 171.8
BF 12.5

ok dat's it


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...