Sunday, July 08, 2018

Cruise Control Ruck

The goal of any endurance training, whether it was running, cycling, swimming, or now, rucking, is to experience what I call cruise control of the legs. Where you just turn them on, turn them loose, sit back and watch them go.

That used to happen to me all the time when I was an endurance athlete and it has just a few times in the last five years since I started walking right again and even fewer since I started really rucking 2.5 years ago.

But it happened today, and it's been leading up to this these last weeks since I changed my shoes.

Wow.

The only trouble I had keeping the pace, and even going faster was my mental ability to keep up not the body!I'm just so used to taking breaks, albeit short, that I don't know how not to it seems. But still things were so loose and strong and light it was awesome.

Even as it heats up it's not that bad

Also,did the whole ruck with nasal breathing and tongue on roof of  mouth ala Buteyko breathing


Ready to explore this even more now. I've been using Combat, or square breathing for years to control anxiety and switch from sympathetic to parasympathetic state for years but now I have to be even more concious of it as I understand the principles and methods behind it

45 lb ruck
12 laps
1 squat stretch
1:50 min!
11th lap 7:30
RPE 6 or under !

BW 171.4
BF 13.1

 Going to load 200 lbs on the bar tomorrow for press day so it's  good nights sleep for me!

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...