Sunday, June 03, 2018

slow ruck, again

This is getting old, this not feeling stronger, faster or easier on this two hour ruck. My calves were fine throughout ( did the 100 ups warm-up and made sure to lacrosse ball the plantar fascia prior to the ruck) and the right foot was fine til the last lap when the  area right behind the great toe started to get achy but mainly every step was heavy and tight!
Started very slowly too, on purpose but it never really got light. It was better from laps 5-9 then hard again. I changed gait a bit too locking out my knee into stance phase more like one does on an unloaded walk  and that worked good until til right peroneals started to tighten up

I actually took the pack off, used the concrete bench to rollout the peroneals and stretched hammy and calf and bit and it felt MUCH better but man, I've been so much stronger here!

I had to stop and shake it loose way too much in addition to the iso squats for stretching

Going to lighten the pack to 45 lbs next week and 40 lbs on Thursday and see if that helps. Then build back up

This ain't workin

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
2:08 time
last lap 7:45

BW 170.4
BF 12.7

did not help that it was very hot and humid even at 7 am this morning. time to get in heat shape it seems!

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...