Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday Ruck Lap speed pr

Surprisingly good ruck today. Vertigo is completely gone thank goodness. Not sure if it was Joe's acupuncture magic or just luck but that shit is no joke. It basically paralyzes you, especially when it's full bore.

It's so good to feel good.
Tracy's schedule changed so I will be rucking by myself for the near future. As much as I enjoy her company I also enjoy doing cardio stuff like this by myself. Always have. I can completely go at my own pace and get lost in my thoughts.

Legs felt loose right from the start, always good sign. I started off slow because I have to but then it seemed my pace was picking up by itself. It seems to work best this way, when my legs are ready to go fast they do. when I push it they just get tight and slow.

Took my heart rate too per lap and it was about 130 the entire time except for after the last lap when it went to 140. That's a good pace for 2 hours straight.

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
1:52 min!
10 isometric squat holds
5th lap 8:12
9th lap  7:56
12th lap 7:32!! PR

that is the fastest yet, breaking 7:34. Boy that came out of nowhere, too. I've felt slower than ever of late.Pack felt light too. I adjusted the carry position a bit, letting it hang lower than normal and it seems to help keep my center of mass lower and my torso more upright
Perfect weather too, warm but with a cool breeze and the clean crisp morning air. Love it

Military press tomorrow for 115 for 6 sets of 6. Will bump the volume a bit here before my next assault on 135 :)
Also  two kettlebell front squats will sub for belt squats. I think I'm ready for these again.

BW 161.4
BF 11.5
W 57.1


datsit
neverquit

4 comments:

Diana said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Mark! May it never knock on your door again!
As much as I love to hike with the hubs, I too would rather do it alone, great for the mind!!

Monika said...

I've had Vertigo in the past, and I'm scared to get it again. I've been on a keto diet for the past 22 days (60 challenge), and I was doing so well until this past Saturday. Got some dark chocolate in a gift basket and had to eat both! bars. That opened the gate and I ate 3000cal that day, thankfully keto food. That night I wanted to die, I felt Vertigo coming on, and felt just horrible with stomach ache. I was dizzy, and felt nauseated all Sunday, and was just praying that it would not go into a full blown Vertigo, which it didn't. Phew! So I know how you feel about it. :o)
BTW-the binge eating didn't affect my weight loss at all. But I'm not going to do that again (hopefully).

Mark Reifkind said...

Monika

when this episode started I was also praying it didn't go full tilt like the last time. BTW bingeing on fats seems to have a much different (side) effect than carbs. it happens :)

thanks for commenting
remember also, on keto, high fiber is very important. it feeds the gut bacteria

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana, I will still get to ruck with Tracy on thursdays just not so long. she lates walking laps anyway. I love it.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...