Wednesday, May 04, 2016

20 Min 24 kg Speed swings, sandbag lunges, parallel bar pushups, side and rear delts, cable curls



Shockingly strong set today. Have to admit I was a bit worried about this. Seems like I haven't done it in longer than usual and I was solo today. I knew it would get done, just didn't know how much it would suck.

Turns out not much at all.

Hot out too so I set up the fan and that always helps. Moving air beats stale old garage air any day, even it it's hot.
Since I couldn't go off of Glenn's lead I had to watch the clock too, something I usually hate to do and can mess with my head. No problem today

24 kg Speed swings,
15:15  x 10 reps
40 sets
20 min
400 reps
21,200 lbs

really had a good groove early and went to double breathing around 8 minutes in. that helped a lot too.

Walking lunges/sandbag 32 lbs
4 laps of 20 steps with on shoulder farmers carry back

these went very well too and I decided to use power breathing on the descent and that made it much stronger in the bottom .Kept shoulders straight,no rotation. this also helped balance

Parallel bar pushups
3 x 25
1 x 18

these are still taking their time coming back. shows me what a true max effort can take out of you, even in a pushup. big difference between a no psych max and some adrenaline in the mix

Side/ rear delt
2 sets each of 15 reps

love this combo now. break between sets just alternate. will work up to 3 sets each

cable curls
2 x 20  just for balance

ruck up tomorrow.

BW 163.4
BF 10.8 !!
W 57.7 ( haven't seen this number in forever)
added the full fat fage yoghurt and 1/2 teaspon honey and the hummus of course :) they are staying in the mix

thinking now Low Carb High fat instead of straight keto. Still keeping total carbs under 75 gms/day easy.

datsit
neverquit

5 comments:

Hunter1313 said...

What would you say your Protein is? High or medium? I'm giving Geoff Neuperts 24hr diet a go.

Mark Reifkind said...

Hunter actually it's low. I do intermittent fasting and only eat 2 meals a day with a snack. My protein intake is 3 eggs some cheese with my stir fry my first meal then some fish or egg salad with the second meal, I have hummus and almonds and some yoghurt now but for the last six months have been keeping protein about 25 % of calories
Not familiar with Geoff's diet.

Hunter1313 said...

Basically intermittent fasting, but with two coffees during the day with some coconut oil and gelatin added into the coffee.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks

Mark Reifkind said...

I drink a lot of coffee and green tea during the fasting part too

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...