Monday, May 09, 2016

115 Lb Military press 6x6, 40 kg belt squat, floor pushups,crawls, side delts



After watching my press from the front for the second week and trying to "square it up" by tweaking this or that I'm not sure that I should be doing this move anymore. It's probably because of my scoliosis and even though it doesn't hurt, and I actually feel better ( shoulders and back ) after training it I'm not sure I'm not compensating too much just to do the lift.

Try as I might I could not keep my left elbow under me and that got me to thinking whether it's my left elbow that's flaring too much or my right arm that's not in position. Both shoulders were FUBAR from all these years but it's the right one that was dislocated and ended my gymnastics.

The only think left to try it to take both arms out wider until the flare on the right matches the flare on the left and see if I can even press that way. It's probably mid grip( which used to be a very strong bench press position for me).I'll play with it this week a bit but I have to be prepared to stop pressing overhead :-(

Then I have to decide which move will be number one on Tuesdays? Perhaps cleans? 2 kb front squats? Not sure. Ring dips? Ack

Mil Press
 stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5
85 x 4
100 x 3
115 x 6 x 6 PR

No problem on strength at all. It was very comfortable

Belt squats
40 kg x 4 x 12
off ten pound plates very easy. remembered to torque the foot at the start and HOLD it throughout the entire set and what a difference it made! Put my weight just where it needs to be for the ankle and took all the pressure off my right knee

Floor pushups
3 sets of 25
Finally! Pushup strength is coming back

Crawls
3 sets of 60 feet fast

these felt strong light and fast!

Side delts
3 sets of 15 with 15's

love these!

alright I will do some thinking about my press situation. meanwhile my shoulder feels great :)

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...