Saturday, October 03, 2015

36 kg One Arm Swings, PR tie,Handstand practice, rack lunges, pushups



Surprisingly strong today. Bell felt light up the whole time, which was not expected, but after set 6 it was nothing but work. I was fine on the first arm's ten reps but after 5 on the second hand it was uphill all the way.

I hung tough and the power didn't go down too much, but like Wednesday I did it but it wasn't that strong.
But the doing of it will make me that much stronger. that's just how it works

One arm swings
16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 10/10 x 10 PR tie

Hanstand practice
worked this with Joe as I thought I might be able to do it but no go. About 5 sets of attempts and I have to say that they were better in that I didn't feel like I was going to collapse as I kicked up- like last time!:)
So more strength but still not enough proprioception of where my hips are and still a lot of muscular restriction from ribs and lats

Lunges double bells in rack
2 12s x 5/5
2 16s x 5/5 x 4 sets

these were tough but good. using the front squat rack position forces me to stay more upright but doesn't seem to overload the shoulders as much as the 2 kb front squat does.
it's all good but these 5's are not easy on the second side so that is good. have lots to improve. starting with right leg to work the ROM on the left first and then finish with it in front for strengthening.

Parallel bar pushups
4 sets of 15

playing around with scapula mechanics with Joe

Assisted stretching overhead.

took advance of having Joe stretch out my shoulders. Oddly enough with passive stretch and a active partner my right shoulder ROM was 170 degrees! can't do that with out help but it wasn't that bad overhead!
The mystery continues

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...