Monday, October 05, 2015

24 kg KB Snatch, 24 kg KB Press, headstands, 32 kg belt squat, floor pushups, side delt



Since Glenn was still out of town I decided to play a bit and check to see how my kb snatch and press were going. After my shitty handstand attempts on Saturday I wasn't expecting much, but I wasn't in the mood for presses especially after a cert. It still really torques me I can't kb press or snatch regularly so, like I did with my two hand swing for years, I will test it occasionally to see what's up.

What's up is that is is the best it's been in years! Caught me totally by surprise. Left arm looked normal and right was damn decent for  me.

The biggest change is really working upper t spine mobility by doing extensions over the roller WITH the abs braced. It must be doing something as this felt decent!Haven't been doing as much hanging as that didn't seem to really help.

While not jetlagged a bit fatigued from jumping right back into full work and training mode
 this was the 20 kg set preceding the 24


Snatch
10 kg x 5/5
12 kg x 5/5
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5 x 2

KB press
that this felt good was even more surprising than the snatch!
 16 kg x 3/3 x 2
20 kg x 3/3 x 2
24 kg x 3/3 x 2 !!


Definitely noticed on video that my right elbow does not come as deep into contact with the ribs as my left. Looks like I am not flexing the lat enough. will fix that.

Also, after watching the video a few times I notice that my right arm is not coming across the body as it does in the left.It's staying too externally rotated. Never saw that.Plus the clean ends too high on the ribs.
 Also , it looks like the side laterals I am doing are helping the press as well as the first move almost mimics that position and the shoulder is holding.Interesting.

Headstands
3 sets of practice headstand from straddle stand. Surprisingly this was waaay tougher than the lasst time I did it!! Even this. It must be something with the TKR as my weight distribution upper to lower has totally changed ,as well as left to right. even my hamstring flexibility is much different ( worse) than before. very weird.

anyway, managed to get it done. I had thoughts of being able to press up but that's a long way off for now.this will be a good thing to do if it doesn't throat punch me tomorrow :) It should help re acquaint my body with the hips over shoulder position ( stacking)

belt squat
32 kg x
12
14
16
18
20

this was TOUGH. deep squats and great leg isolation. it was good conditioning as well

Floor pushups
20
18
15
15
68 reps

side laterals
 3 x 12 with 12 lbs

not sure if I'm going to continue using the kb or go back to the barbell.I am definitely stronger because of the bar even though the weight( total) is not anymore than a 24 kg bell. I will sleep on it.
While definitely cool to be able to do again it does look like what I am doing is making the shoulder overhead ROM better so perhaps I will stick with it

But maybe not. And, we'll see if I can comb my hair tomorrow.
Oh was supposed to do craws but was too tired, laterals are easy

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...