Monday, October 19, 2015

100 lb Mil Press, 44 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawls, rear delts



Decided to give the bar another try and it felt very good I have to say.  I couldn't get into a much more vertical position by trying to brace the abs but the weight went up as easily as it ever has. Even with the close grip my hand position at the lockout is still  much wider than it would be with a kettlebell and I think that still makes a difference for the shoulder.

The key thing is is that my shoulders don't hurt and the weight felt light

Mil Press
 stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 5 x 5

Belt squats
 44 kg x 10, 12, 14, 16


these felt deeper than they look. again it's all my back/hip flexion that fools me. I put my arms up in the barbell front squat position and this makes me hinge back as I approach the bottom to counterbalance even though my shin angle is very good I only get to parallel with this weight

But even though the depth is less with this bell the work is good because of the load , and the load on a different section of the force curve.holding onto something makes SO much difference in upright posture it's crazy.

Still more work to do but the knee and legs feel great!

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20 reps!!!
best EVER and NO clunking at all! that could be a first

Crawls
3 sets of 60 ft

strong

Band rear delts
3 x 12

like these better for actually getting almost pure rear delt

ok

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...