Monday, October 26, 2015

110 lb Mil Press, 32 kg belt squat, floor pushups,crawls, rear delt

Pretty solid one today considering I woke up with my left elbow a bit wonky from 'sleeping on it' wrong. That's my definition of old. When you get hurt in your sleep. I know it's just from too much work on the grip but that's what 170 48 kg one arm reps can get you.
Oh and that goblet squat as well
So I went to work on the flexors but it's hard to get things right when I have to do as I train clients. Can't really focus just try to keep it open

I figured the barbell presses today would either fix it or finish it.
It got fixed. but it really bugs me when this happens. the whole arm is just basically useless when the elbow is stuck in external rotation a bit.
But the fix; release the muscle tension, definitely allows the joint to sit back into neutral
When one has loose ligaments and tight muscles this can happen. and does :)

Military press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 3
105 x 3
110 x 3 x 4
110 x 5

this turned out better than expected. took a few sets to remember the groove as the elbow was not entirely happy but it settled down as I went on. Without that I could have done 5x5 with the weight no problem.

Belt squats
32 kg x 15 x 4
legs are pretty tired by this point and I didn't spend enough time on the roller. right IT band pretty tight against the kneecap.

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20

good test for the elbow and the flat palm position always helps the elbow rotate back into the groove. Iso holds on lockout at the end . after these it felt normal. could fully lockout with no pressure on it

Crawls
2 laps of 60 ft.

cut it short we have 20 min of swings to do on wed and  I was feeling done. pain always drains one even if it's not serious. Also I figured I'd pushed the elbow enough

band rear delts
3 sets of 15 slowly with blue band

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...