Saturday, December 22, 2007

Snatch Swipes and Mills.

Its very good when this doesnt hurt.


Saturdays is turning out to be classical movements day for me; snatches, swipes and mills.Monday will be the assistance exercises for this day; swings,arm and shield casts. wednesday is more snatches and another big move the hammer swing with a combination assistance move the two hand arm cast/flag(i.e the barbarian).Need to do side pendulums and two handed circular casts on thursdays as well to really complete the schedule.
This is the first time in 7 years I can seriously contemplate adding a forth day into my training schedule.This is great.
Snatches
warmup( it is 38 deg or so in the garage today :)):
cb swings and swipes, 10 lbs lots of reps
cb two hand swipes 10 lbs same

16 kg snatch 5/5x3
20kg snatch 5/5x2

24kg snatch 6/6x13 sets
156 reps
8268 lbs
these were great.once I warmed up a bit all the snatches were done very fast and explosively.It felt just like max vo2 day.FINALLY that stupid 24kg is starting to feel light again. Took long enough. rests were one minute or so between sets. Just me and Nick today.Was going to do more snatches but wanted to test the swipes with the 15lbers and needed to leave something.
Two CB swipes
10lbsx10 x2 sets
15lbersx10 x1
15lbersx50 reps PR/ zero choke( stopped for a some breaths and grip relief in shoulder park at 40 then finished)
15'sx30
x25
105 total reps

Man, this was HARD.I should have done more warmups as my grip pumped up too fast. it was actually better on the second set of 30 but then I was getting beat.first time with any real reps with this and was very pleased.100 will be very tough and the next time I test it I will do them first.Need to go back to sets and reps now and practice form and not test again for awhile.
Mills
10 lbs x 60/60 PR
10lbsx 20/20x 4 sets
Again, just jumping in to test is tough for me.takes so long to get my groove smooth.the subsequent sets were much smoother. again, back to sets and reps before testing again.
great one today and physically am feeling the best I have in many many moons.my fibula is finally staying in place which is making a gigantic difference in my knee flexion and of course my gait.recovery is also at an all time high. feels like I could repeat the workout right now, 1.5 hrs after its over. Beleive me this is a new feeling.


datsit.



2 comments:

Tom Furman said...

Swipes seem to be a real powerful tool for sure. Glad you can do them. The restorative qualities of the human body are amazing. Just think.. your shoulder and Keith Richard!

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, thats a first, being compared with Keith richards.and yes, the power of healing continues to amaze me,especially at 50 years old(another guy class of '75).
the swipes and mills are great work for me and its unreal that not only do they not bother my shoulder but makes it feel much better.

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...