Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holy Crap!

Santa was a few days late and had to use DHL to get the job done but my 25 lb clubbell finally showed up today and MAN! that thing is BIG!!! I have a huge new respect for guys that can do hi reps mill and swipes; hell anything, with this bad boy.
SSGT Glass just got his and called it the Bulldog of Clubbells and I think he's right.I am resisting the impulse to throw it around a bit til saturday is I am just a bit sore from my little training binge.Course I thought this way about the tens when I first got them so hopefully I will adapt to these in the same way.We will definitely be starting out with two handed work with this although I will have to see if I can clean it and do some pendulums with it.Torch press perhaps too.
That would be tough, I bet.I'll play.
I can also tell that the ballistic moves will really have to come from the core to get and keep this baby moving. Trying to arm or muscle this will be be hell on the joints. Lots o torque.
Not sure though that I am going to keep the hammer swing in the mix. as expected it involves TON of core work and I still dont like to really load my rectus and obliques.It just tends to stiffen me up and the hammers did a bit too. Not too much but in the wrong place.I will stay with the circular casts which I should be able to do with the 25.
Lots of fun to come and I can feel my arms growing.Man it is heaven being able to train a bit hard again.

4 comments:

Howie B said...

Cool Rif. Sounds like Santa was generous to many this year. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the fun you're going have with that new bad boy.

And you have to figure Santa has to be in awesome shape as well, delivering our kettlebells and clubbells all over the world.

Mark Reifkind said...

it's going to be very interesting howie taking that bad boy out for a ride.as with the other ones it will take some getting used to. just like the other ones, though, they feel lighter to swing than to lift.
my dhl delivery man is not happy with me lately,:))

D Silveri said...

I outta try some of those out... Never used one...

looks fun

Mark Reifkind said...

Dustin I really dig them a lot.great compliment to the kettlebells and the bigger clubs are really serious stuff,especially for the 100s of reps they do.

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...