Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The swing's the thing.

Recovered nicely from Mondays DARCS and thats a good sign. I tolerated the exercise and the movement well , always nice. Plus I know I can use the two pood quite safely here and that will be fun. Probably even the Bulldog eventually for some low reps.

MY groove has stayed remarkably consistent these last workouts, also another good sign."Bout time.Not fighting against myself at all in the swing and it feels powerful.Solid rooting and downard force production the whole rep.

So many think that Hardstyle reps means pulling harder on the bell. It doesnt. It means continuing to apply as much downward force into the ground as possible as long as possible. Maintaining downward tension to continue projecting energyback up into the bell. If the bell moves too high and to fast get a heavier bell. I'm sure there is one that will slow almost everyone down.

One arm swings
26x10/10/10/10
36x10/10

44x10/10/5/5 x 8 sets 240 reps/ 10,560 lbs
44x10/10x3 sets 60 reps/2640 lbs
300 total reps/13,200 lbs


This is a great weight for me to keep moving fast the whole set.Just light enough to really accelerate but not much tension at all needed on the downswing.Really overspeed eccentric and I can pull it down really well also, once I fully warm up.


Snatch holds
26x30 sec x2
36x30 sec x2

these felt really good. havent done them in ages and I need to. Felt good to put my shoulder down into the socket again.

Rack walks with 36 lb
300 feet per arm = one set/600 feet
3 sets = 1800 feet

this is a pr, the furthest I have walked with this without putting the bell down. 300 feet then switch arms and another 300 feet. No problem. The weighted vest walks really helped already I can tell.

BW 161.4
BF 9.1% ( 1st time in nines in weeks)
water'60.4%

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...