Wednesday, June 08, 2005

KB correcting

I think it is Com Jeff Martone who is credited with the idea of a ‘self correcting” exercise. If not my apologies. Basically learn to do it right fast or suffer the consequences.After years of trying to balance my body via micro managing it with variations on isolation exercises;even the “functional” ones on balls and boards, it seems this “body as a unit” thing really works. And has very deep applications. The late, great Dr Mel Siff told me the body knows movements, not muscles, and training hasn’t been the same since for me. After seeing what it is doing to me and my clients I believe there might be a “kettlebell correcting” effect, especially for the deconditioned population , although it is certainly not limited to that at all. As they will build you up if you are thin and slim you down if you are heavy I think the basic kb movments create a unique balance in the body as they require that you move from such a balanced position of power. The body knows how to use the right muscles if you give it the right movements.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...