Monday, June 19, 2023

Olympic press practice

 Actually this went pretty well but I'm not sure it's for me. Even though, on surface it seems like less moving parts and is very similar to what I've been doing I think there's even less margins for error

Especially  when the weight get over 205

I used my reverse pelvic/back rhythm ( after setup lean back to get my hips to go forward and it worked ok til I got to 215 then it was TOO much and I lost balance backwards.

Also with this technique I lowered the bar a bit on my chest that seemed to make it easier to load the bow forward BUT also makes it easier for the bar to roll on setup. argh!

One thing that was clear with this technique: I HAVE to unrack the bar to a pretty  vertical start position and then load the bow. If I unrack with the hips already  forward I lose any 'slingshot' effect. that's a positive but it's still precarious to hit exactly the right spot

Oly press practice
45 -105 x 2
135 x 2 x 2

155 x 2 then 175 x 1. still good up to here

then 195 x 1 ( here I wasn't unracking vertical enough and I made the weight but slowly
205 x X lost balance backward from the above technique then 205 x 1 make decent
then 215 miss pretty badly then a 'kinda' make losing balance at end. Dumped the videos. Ugly

then down to 195 x 1 x 3 the 175 x 1 perfect
then two plates for unracking holds but it didn't ( as it never does) feel 'right

laterals/rear delts  3 x 8/8 20s

BW 174.9
BF 13.8  4 am

12 noon
BW 175.6
BF 10.6
W 60.0


this seems to be my best ever rep

Cues
Spot  X 
Stand up and lock
Press to X
Get hips back under bar!

Shorter  version

X
Stand up
Press to X
Hip forward!


No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...