Monday, April 24, 2023

215, 217.5, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 4, pushdowns, laterals, rear delts

 A really decent day. Fine tuning both the technique and the cues

Today's cue was

1) set the arch/see the X

2) pause for press call

3) drive hips and push up simultaneously

Worked ok but on video inspection I can tell I have to 'set the arch' by pressing the hips FORWARD FIRST,  and then arch the upper back, or else my torso goes too far back and my hips not forward enough

Also MAKE SURE TO SET UP  WIDE ENOUGH! Too  narrow will mess up everything

Also the heavier the weight ( 205 and up) the more I have make sure the torso doesnt lead  or I fall back as with this 205 warmup Jumped straight to 215 right after

then a REALLY good 215 with solid lockout
then to this miss with 225 and not sure exactly why except I don't think I  loaded the hips forward enough and too much knee flex at start always is bad
then down to 217.5 for an excellent rep and lockout
then down to 205 for 4 single, missed the 5th on balance ( first rep  down)


then pushdowns laterals and rear delt

BW 176.2
BF 15.0
W 56.5 ( am no bath)

No comments:

Kono Press 205 x 1 x 11 sets PR, kb press 20 x 3,24 x 3 28 x 2, 20 kg swings 4 x 8/8

 Decidded to try the kono start position again, even change my head position (  didn't last) to looking up and in thinking I could get a...