Sunday, September 03, 2017

Very strong Steady state ruck.



Well this was a nice surprise. The strongest and best ruck I've had in months. Literally. Legs and glutes felt loose from the start and there was none of this, 'pick up each leg of every step for two hours straight'.

The time just flew by. It didn't hurt that after a nice day of 108 degree heat here yesterday that the am was overcast and had a slight breeze. Airflow makes everything  better. Dead hot muggy air just sucks. It's like I'm trying to breathe through a wet cotton ball.

And I have no idea why this happened. Pure serendipity. but I'll take it. So nice to be reminded that this can actually happen.

Wasn't going to time anything but I did the last lap and came up with 7:08 with no problem. That's the kind of day it was.

Hope this is a foreboding for tomorrow's press workout

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squat stretches
last lap = 7:08

BW 167.8
BF 11.9
W 57.4

all good

140 for 5x5 tomorrow. this will be a solid test of the technique. My bet is that it holds


datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...