Monday, September 11, 2017

PR! 150 lb Military Press 5 x 5. 40 lg belt squat,Floor pushups, crawls, side delt, handstands



Wow! I did it. Can't believe I actually  freakin' did it.Made the adjustments, didn't mentally punk out, stayed focused, had patience and got it done.

Wow. Super super happy with this. 105 lbs over my first 5x5 set when I started on the Press Path 3 years ago. Really didn't think I would get this far. Honestly, I didn't.

But, the higher you climb the farther you see and I just kept slowly climbing higher. Same as now. I think a 180- 185 max is in the cards. My technique when i did the 175 was far inferior to what I'm doing now. Across the boards.

To me that's a foregone conclusion and lets me start to think, realistically, about 200 lbs

The hardest part today was the mind game. To not letting the anxiety of it get to me. To not giving in to negative thoughts. Or, much thoughts at all. To just being in the moment, trusting myself and just freaking going for it.

My mantra was, as it always is these days when I have to confront tasks like this head on is simple " shut up and just go. Don't think, go."

and it seems to work

An the closer I got to making all five sets the more negativity wanted to creep in. I've missed it twice on the last set. I really, really, really did not want that to happen again.

But the technique held and I had the patience to go through the motions and just push.

They were ALL pause reps too. It's easier for me but it is much stricter and I need maximal speed off the chest for it to work Easier now that I can actually get the bar to my chest and hold it there. Take the pressure off the arms

I did the layback, then, when I went for the layback/shove I really focused on driving the hips forward hard as I  arched. Worked very well. But I also have to focus on pushing the bar back over my head  as it hits mid face area and wants to stall.  But it's precarious balance too there so I can't be too explosive.

A high wire act

But today I didn't fall.
Also, stretched out front panel a lot prior to pressing . it didn't hurt

Military press
 bar x 5
65 x 4
85 x 3
105 x 3
135 x 2 ( never made this jump before! made me a bit nervous but it went well
150 x 5 x 5 PR !!

40 kg Belt squat
4 sets of 14

strong


Floor pushups
3 sets of 40

ties PR last ten of last set were all singles from the top! finally my hyperextending elbows come in handy

Crawls
3 sets of 70 ft

side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15's

Pbar handstands
 6 reps

tight as hell! and tired as hell in my handstanding muscles too but I made them!!!

BW 168.8
BF 11.3
W 57.5

strange but I feel big and lean

well deserved rest day tomorrow!!

datsit
dfq

Never Forget

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...