Thursday, September 21, 2017

Speed Ruck



Have no idea where this came from but this was possibly the fastest per lap pace I've had on a Thursday ruck.
A bit of adrenaline from some life drama got me going a bit and I'm sure that didn't hurt but it was fast!
Fifth lap equaled 7:17 and it was the last I started to slow down.

Felt great

45 lb ruck
6 laps
5th lap 7:17
52 min total time

BW 168.2
BF 12.9
W 56.2

need to drink more h20 in afternoon

Of to Portland tomorrow for the StrongEndurance seminar so I'll miss Sat and Sun training. I won't say I  won't welcome some unloading :)

datsit
dfq

2 comments:

Jon Olson said...

Hey Mark,

I started following your blog about 2 months ago as I was getting back into kettlebells. I have a couple questions: are your Rucks done on a track? Are you purposefully pushing the pace to develop cardio?

Jon

Mark Reifkind said...

MY rucks are done at a park where I walk laps and yes it's done for cardio improvement but also to strengthen my leg after my knee replacement

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...