Sunday, November 01, 2015

Sunday ruck; heavy and fast



Took the ruck weight up 2.5 lbs today and it was good. Until it was hard :)
But it didn't keep us from going fast too. Good lap times on the 6 and the 12th lap
Bodyparts were fine from yesterday but glutes and thighs were just tired, even from the get. Those goblet and kickstand squats probably helped that a bit, too.
Back though was solid the whole time and that is the key

Ruck weight 54.5 lbs
12 laps
1 hr 56 min
5 iso squats
6th lap = 8:00
12th lap = 7:48!

this was great but it was hard on both Tracy and I. She's just getting back in the time zone and her training schedule and I , well, I have no excuse :)

it was hard but it was completed. The increased pack weight didn't seem too noticeable.

ok heavy presses tomorrow and then I have to decide if I'm going to speed swing a bit on tuesday as Wednesday I'm off to Florida to give a talk on "Energy, Mobility and Strength- creating and maintaining them as we age. " at IHMC's  http://www.ihmc.us/lecture series and will miss wednesdays and saturdays training

This is a first for me so it should be 'interesting'

I'll decide on Tuesday how I feel. Need to be fresh and ready for thursday.

ok datsit

neverquit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Pensacola is kinda far from Apopka.

Peace ~ Bear

Mark Reifkind said...

yea it's kinda far from all of florida :)

Mark Reifkind said...

the good news is that they are going to shoot the lecture and it will be on youtube

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...