Wednesday, November 18, 2015

24 kg speed swings, 17 min, walking lunges, parallel pushups, rear delts



This was a tough one today. Just not taking enough time to 'gear down' mentally before I hit the gym for 17 min straight of as high intensity reps as I can. Have to make sure to use the drive home on Wednesdays to really get in the zone before i do these high volume workouts.

If I don't, I waste too much time in the first 5-7 min getting my head out of my ass. right now I'm working right up til I hit the gym and that's gotta stop. the drive home is a perfect 30 min transition that I'm not taking advantage of. now I will

It wasn't that bad and power output wasn't that low but I've done better. but the good news is that even though it was a tough day it still got done and it was ok. Started double breathing about 7- 8 minutes in and that's never a good sign. That made it much easier though and around 11 minutes I settled down mentally and got to a strong place.
I'm a slow warmer upper :)

Speed swings, 24 kg
34 sets of 10 15;15
340 reps
17 min
18,020 lbs! 9 tons!

Walking lunges
4 sets of 40 sets

no weight yet but good solid lunges. last two sets unbroken which really sucked

Parallel pushups
4 sets of 20 solid

db rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15 lbs

ok ruck up tomorrow
bw 165.4
bf 12.5%

starting to lower carbs, increase fats, especially coconut oil and products and starting to think about a ketogenic diet.
I'm close now just have to drop yoghurt and change my evening meal to fats and proteins. Just NOT giving up red wine no matter what :)

datsit
neverquit

2 comments:

Monika said...

Dr. Loren Cordain, and Mark Sisson changed my life, with their Paleo, Primal diet, even before I started training a year ago.
I feel SO much better now.
And you really should not give up red wine! :o) I'm not giving up my 10% in my coffee. :o)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Monika and i don't plan on giving up red wine or anyone :) or my coffee/I have tended towards a high fat, high veg diet for years, this is just taking it to the next level

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2