Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Speed swings 15 min, walking lunges,parallel pushups, rear delts

Well just when i was bragging how healthy I was , that night I came down with a bout of labryinthitis that made me think I was going to die. I went from being a little woozy to not being able to move AT ALL without the world totally spinning in about 30 min. I was literally stuck to the bed, face down and even moving my eyeballs made me completely disoriented.
Scared the living shit out of me.

Just a bit disconcerting. Then I started throwing up and had to move. Crazy. Just seconds from calling the paramedics a friend of ours, a nurse, came over and checked me out and gave me dramamine for motion sickness, twice ( after I threw them up :) )  and told me it was vertigo and I wasn't going to die.
I still wasn't so sure but after an hour of 'exhaling' it slowed down and I slept.
Took the next day off and slowly but surely everything returned to normal
Some water I got in my ear during my Pensacola swim messed up my inner ear it seems and set this thing off.

It was one of the, if not THE worst moments I have ever had, and I have had much more than a few of crazy freaking physical shit happen to me.
But now I'm good, like it didn't happen and the workout today was strong as hell.

You just never know

Speed swings
15:15
24 kg
15 min
30 sets of 10
300 reps
15,900 lbs

Didn't even start double breathing til 11+ minutes and then only part time. Felt strong. Very weird, all things considered.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps
not bad not unbroken but strong even in my fatigue. Each sets takes 1 min 10 seconds and we are going equal work to rest. so it's not a slow pace

Parallel pushups
21
21
18
15

75 total
strong but hell of a pump  and 'tricep death'

db rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15 lbs

these are actually getting stronger . should do 4 sets but not quite ready for it. need the work though.

ok ruck up tomorrow before stuff up. definitely going to break the keto diet tomorrow!

datsit
neverquit

bw 163.8
bf 13.1
w 55.6 ???!!



3 comments:

Diana said...

Mark-
I seriously hope and pray that you never, ever have to have another vertigo episode in your lifetime!
I get them 2-3 times a year. They are completely debilitating. I will say this....if, and God forbid, you have it happen again, get help treatment from a physical therapist. There are specified movements that they are trained in and they work! In my case, I went for quite some time and now I can do the moves on my own when ever the shit storm happens.

Best wishes that you never have this happen again!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tracy!!

Monika said...

I've have Vertigo once before too. It was scary and very unpleasant. I knew about the movements Diana spoke of, but couldn't do any of them, because it made me throw up, so I just let it ride out.
I went to the emergency room, since I didn't know what was going on. Sat there for hours before someone saw me. THEN they gave me meds for nausea. Geez!

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :o)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guys and yes I seriously hope I never have to deal with that again! it was crazy. as far as the movements I too could not even budge my eyes without the world spinning. No fun at all
hopefully I'm done with all that!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all too :)

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...