Monday, November 02, 2015

105 lb Mil press, 36 kg belt squat, floor pushups, crawl, db laterals



Pretty interesting workout as it was literally another day at the office as I got involved in some business calls right up to it was time to walk into the gym. I was thinking I wanted to go to 110 again and do 5x5 but I just wasn't mentally ready.

I know 105 is so close to 110 one might think ' what difference could it make" but it does, and since my best is 135 its my 80% weight and it was a tough 135.

I think the clubbell work we did for the first time in ages made my shoulders sore in a new way. Definitely DOMs but Glenn had it too. I didn't want to push it.

Barbell Press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 6
75 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 3
105 x 5 x 5

Groove was ok but with my lockout the muscles are always on tension and it makes the lift that much more fatiguing but also muscularizing, not a bad tradeoff considering I have no choic :)

Belt squats
36 kg x 12 x 4 sets

for some reason this was very strong and easy. I brought my gaze down a bit and this seemed to help proproception or something as I really felt in balance and totally over the whole of my foot each rep.

Floor pushups
22, 22, 18, 15

77 reps.
left shoulder was beginning to think about clunking so I shut the reps down . wanted 4 sets of 22

huge pump though. this is beginning to feel like chest, shoulder, tricep day :)

Crawls
3 laps of 60 ft
strong  as well

db laterals
3 sets of 15, 12, 12 with 15 lbs

this movement and my supraspinatus is getting way strong again. I used to do these with 30 lb dbs no problem :)


ok datsit. good one but a bit distracted. that's ok they all can't be 10's.

neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...