Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Ruck

ok back in the saddle. This was more solid than expected until lap nine. then it got a bit hard. Had to tell myself " this is where the training begins'.
Not when it's easy but when it actually starts to challenge you.
Everything else was fine, legs, wind back and even both shoulders still feel the most even they've had in eons! Have to say the ruck actually doesn't feel heavy anymore. It doesn't feel light but it's not heavy either  :)
Yesterdays work and skipping last weeks heavy swing and ruck made things a little tougher but today got them back on track

Ruck wt : 54 lbs
12 laps
1 hr 55 min
10 iso squats
7th lap pace=8:10
last lap pace= 7:50

Barbell presses tomorrow

datsit
neverquit



1 comment:

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Nice Mark. Always love reading and seeing your progress. I really appreciate how you incrementally increase load (or other variables), never too much at once, and just keep moving forward. I have really embraced this in my own training over the last couple of years. It's about putting the ego aside (but I can do more now shouldn't I??) and taking a long-term view. Stay injury free or at least never let anything get out of control. I look forward to seeing you signing up for a ruck event. Seems like that was your plan from previous posts.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...