Thursday, March 08, 2012

When Grace shows up.




You have to be ready to grab it and today I did. It was one of those days that you train for, wait for and hope for. When suddenly things just, finally fall together. About freakin' tine :))

Saturdays swing day was a revelation. It all fell back in to place for my swing and I was hoping it would translate into my snatch. Today it did, even though it was very light I was able to higher rep sets than I pretty much have ever done, with any weight. easily.

Basically what I figured out is how to get out of my own way when i swing and snatch and this upper the speed and power dramatically; as well as lowered my energy output so I could do more with less effort.

This sounds like the opposite of hardstyle but it really isn't.what I am referring to is efficiency of the technique, for me, of  maximally producing power with the most advantageous mechanics and positions FOR ME. That's a big thing because how I move is not how most do. I have to think "lean forward" to get my hips to hinge.

When I think" just sit back" my body squats. That's just the way it is. my lumbo pelvic rythym and I can accept it and work with it and get more powerful or fight it( like I did in my power squat) and leave tons of weight reps and work on the table.

I choose to do what works, for me,So I let myself lean and my hips went back perfectly and I just popped up. My arm went back further, my elbow was straight, I had no shoulder pressure and 50 rep sets were damn near easy.

warmup
one arm swing
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3


Snatch
16 kg x 10/10/10/10/5/5= 50
         x 10/10/ 15/15= 50

easy breezy. I know this going to translate to my 24 kg snatch as well.

two CB swipes
15 lbs x 10
          x12
          x14
          x 16
           x18
          x20
100 reps

applied the same thing here and these were the easiest sets I've done in age. Now i can remember how I did 106 reps continuous with these :))



rack walks


800 feet with 20 kg

these were strong as well. did 200 feet with left arm and then the right . 2 sets each


DB laterals
3 x 12 with 12s


Pbar handstand
4 sets 10 sec  stronger today than Tuesday


Very strong easy day today. I can feel myself finally getting back into "shape", that condition where you can do more work, with more weight than normal and it feels like nothing.I LOVE that state and haven't been able to visit in a long time. But that's about to change ...

datsit.
Sisu/Never Quit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...