Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snatches and Deads/ stepping back


So I don't fall off. It's been a great ramp up of late but I know I need to back off both the volume and intensity a little and rebuild. Especially when it seems ALL of my lifts are taking off, which is rare.

SO I decided to do sets of 7's in the snatches today and I had thought about 8 sets, or 112 total reps, until I got to set 4 and then realized it was one set too much.7 sets would be good enough although my form felt solid and strong. I also made faster jumps in my warmup, a sure sign of confidence in the techniques and how my overall body feels.

7-8 am stretchout

the left shoulder, thank g-d has been holding in place very well since I discovered that oh so simple forearm/hand stretch that seems like a direct link to my biceps tendon,labrum and sterno/clavicula joint. If I keep that as open as possible, with the lacrosse ball and that internally rotated straight arm stretch,it's been holding. will take that. All the other basics this AM, back over ball, bretzell, up and down dog, sumo squat, quad stretch and lots of calf torture with the rumble roller and pain  ball

Snatch
one arm swing  16 kg x5/5/5 x 3 sets


snatch
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x 4/4


24 kg x 7/7 x 6 sets
         x 10/10 x 1 sets
102 reps.

the 7's were easy and I wanted to keep in touch with 10's :)) Felt totally safe.

Barbell Deadlift




I definitely wanted to cut the volume here but didn't want to do NO work so I worked up to a decently heavy single. New PR too. Nice. once I hit 315 I can buy myself those York Legacy plates :))

135 x3 x 2
185 x2
205 x1
230 x1
250x1 PR
270x1 PR

Played around a bit with form trying to get the same hip/back angle as I do on the swing. Didn't really get it to the end when Glenn and I did a dissection of the position and it looks like I should bring my feet in even closer to get the left knee under the hip.

BUT the weights went up like nothing and felt like nothing. very happy with this

Band Rear Delts
4 x12 blue band ( thicker)


Scap Pullups
3 x 5

just checking how my shoulder is hanging from a bar. not bad but not perfect either.:))

Datsit.
Sisu/Never Quit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...