Saturday, January 26, 2008

Swing Pr

Since I decided to switch saturdays back to swing days I figured it would be a good start to begin with a PR.24 kg day so that meant more than 600. OK, not exactly a small task for me but I have been feeling good so I would give it a go. 15/15 for 20 plus sets would be the plan..

One Arm Swing
16kgx5/5x4 sets

24kgx15/15 x21 sets
630 reps PR
33,390 lbs!
16.695 tons

This went great! I felt strong from the start and bell speed was still strong til the very end.I also played around with some technique changes in my hip/leg drive which really worked well and produced more force with less effort.I will have to try it with my snatches as well.It just took forever,:))Alternated sets, as usual with Nick and Jonathan.Not fast but certainly not slow pace.

CB arm cast
10lbsx10/10
15lbsx10/10
25lbsx5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
wow, this was very tough with the 25 for the first few sets, then I got my groove.My grip was pretty fried from the swings so that made it much tougher to stabilize that brute in order position.
Flag press
10x5/5
15x5/5
two handed with 25 10 reps each side.

datsit, I'm done :))

I think this new schedule and approach is going to work. I have clubbells on Monday which is an entirely different groove than kbs so it will be well rested when I come back to snatches on wednesday.

3 comments:

Persevere said...

WOW...That's a little bit of volume... I'm not sure I would have the capacity to go for that...BTW, great blog:)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Andy,
yes it is quite a volume workout.I've trained very consistently over the last three years to build up to it.its all about progressions over time.

Franz Snideman said...

Sweet job on the PR with swings. That swing total might be my swing total for one year :)

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...