Monday, January 28, 2008

Get it done.

As is usually the case, the training day after a high volume PR day is "down" a bit, energy wise.And since today was the first day of training clubbells as the main movement I probably should have used the tens for my swipe sets; but since today was the first day of using clubs as the main exercise I chose the 15's :)) Not so bright but hey, at least I am not putting 500 pounds on my back anymore.
This was just tough from start to finish; mainly on my grip but the groove never really got going and it was a grind the whole way. I had to wait a few minutes between sets for the forearm pump to subside so I could do my next set.total volume was good though and the work was not at capacity; it just wasnt easy.

warmup:
Two clubbell swings with 10's
Pendulum swings with 10's
Arm cast with 10s
a few sets of each.

Two Clubbell Swipes
10'sx10x2
15's x50x4 sets
200 reps
20 reps per minute pace
each set faster than the last. best time :2:40

wow,these were rough.Arms wanted to pump up fast and had trouble relaxing.For some reason I wanted to make the stroke longer than it had to be at first and finally settled down on the third set.I really need to feel my way through these and not overthink them. Will work up to 300 reps, which the next goal for the 10 lb swipes next time I test.LOTS of z and stretching work to do for these forearms now.

Clubbell Mill
10x5/5
15x25/25x4 sets
ouch. again. Very tough. Speed of each set picked up dramatically each set. from 1:10 per arm the first set to 55 sec the last.

Two hand Shield cast
15x10/10
25x5/5x3
15x15/15

these were good and I have to remember I dont have the use the 25 on everything I can. Don't get greedy.Light is good too.

datsit. need to stretch it out.

2 comments:

Jordan Vezina said...

Strong work Rif. I've been interested in the clubbells for a while. A client brought his in last week and I was a convert after about 30 seconds of swinging those things around.

Mark Reifkind said...

yes, they are really cool and a great compliment to all the kb work.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...