Wednesday, May 05, 2021

The Low bar press is back . 195-210 press practice , 24 kg swings floor pushups

 Decided to start over. Or, actually, go back. I used this 'low bar ' technique to press 225  with two plates the first time ever so it can work. After so much problem with the other technique I'm ready to try something different. It worked pretty well, with some bugs of course but still I think it will at least be a strong base position



Lowered the heels with the adidas 1/2 powerlifter shoe , took my  stance out and, most importantly held the bar mid chest. the hard part is finding the right place and not letting it shift up too much as I unrack. I need to load the hips better to not leak through my knees. If my knees don't 'kick' and my hips do drive the it seems to work

If my knees flex it's over

warmups felt good up to 195


then up to 205

timing still not right and missed it the second time. didn't want bar to roll up so didn't get enough arm tension. then down to 200 for 3 sets which were solid
then to 185 for three more sets which moved great


definitely has promise and  and hopefully it will be more simple to just 'drive' from

I have to make sure to get my hips forward, in front of the bar and not just lean back. The old LOAD THE BOW!

24 kg swings
5 x 8/8

floor pushups
3 sets of 50  last set hard but good power all the way through

BW 176
BF 13.5




















No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...