Monday, October 12, 2020

200 lb press 5 sets of 1 ( Neck tweak)

 My neck went from bad to worse last night an I ended up with about two hours of bad sleep and LOTS of upper back and neck pain.
finally found a position I could relax a bit in but it was a LONG NIGHT

I thought the extension of the press would help and it did. No pain at all but I was seriously depleted and stressed from the night. And four lbs light And feeling weak

Spent the whole morning working on myself and it, and constant, pretty intense pain, was wearing on myI 

I figured out that if I activated the cervical  flexor along with an ab brace the SCM released a lot SO I did and they did!
they were tight but they were not contracting.
 1000 mg of tylenol helped to and now, at 7 pm I feel almost normal. I was worried, actually. Worst pain I've had since my back injury in 2000

Press

65 86 105 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 
200 x 1 x 3
       x miss x 2
       x 1 best rep of the workout
Really focused on waiting til I got tightest legs and hips possible, elbows IN and then a grinding start instead of trying to pop it. Worked well as I was under it the whole time
We'll see when it's 200 :)

BW 173.4
BF 15.9


No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2