Monday, October 19, 2020

215 x 1 205 x 1 x 5 press , floor pushups and laterals

 The rebound continues as well as the best sleep I've had in a long time. It has to be the switch  to Natural Calm magnesium instead of the ZMA. I've added zinc picolinate into the mix to make up for the loss from the ZMA and took that with morning vits herbs and protein drink. It also has 800 mg quercetin and have to say I felt great all morning. Very clear with great blood sugar 

Mainly it's the sleep I'm betting. Nothing more important

this went well and I'm pleased with how the first real heavy day with this new technique went. It didn't go perfectly but I clearly  see where I did the technique wrong on the misses and how easily it went when I did the technique right on the 215 and 205 at the end

On the misses I got tight with my hips forward but didn't lay back enough  with the upper back and that made all the difference. the latter is what puts me in a more decline position. the former a more incline press,which much weaker

I've been thinking this is a standing incline press but it's really a standing DECLINE I think I just had a revelation here!

Its pretty clear from this comparison of the two



But I felt strong, the bar felt light in my hands I felt mentally calm and collected, what a great press day to go with that fantastic ruck yesterday!
What a difference from that clusterfuck of last week

Press
65 85 105 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 A bit slow. tried too hard to not shove it
205 x 1 outstanding
215 x Miss
215 x Miss above 
215 x 1
205 x 1 x 5 video is last set
felt so good

Floor pushups
63 x 2 very strong but kicked my ass
31 x 1 lol

one arm laterals
3 x 10/10 w 20s
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20

BW 174.4
BF 14.1

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...